Initially I was going to make a post about my uniform, but then it immediately became a rant about how I can never find the correct elements, at least not to my fussy standards. So here, instead, is a miniature “Hchom line” with just the basics.
First of all, pants. Pants are the hardest to get right – for me, at least – therefore they consume a disproportionate amount of my attention and budget. How many pants have I ordered, hoping that they would fix my life and magically make everything OK? Dear lord in heaven. So many. If I added them all up, I’d probably be able to buy a car. An almost-new car. But I can fix this, if only fictionally:
1. Narrow-straight jeans. Nudie Slim Jims almost work (for example), but I want them to be just a little bit wider at the ankle and up through the leg
2. Wide-straight jeans. Proper heavy denim.
3. Classic men’s suit trousers. Except with no crease, and tailored to my shape.
Tops aren’t as challenging for me, but there’s still a lot of room for improvement:
4. The T-shirt. Why is it so difficult to find good, plain cotton t-shirts? I don’t feel like I’m asking for the moon, here.
5. I’m calling this a sweater-shirt, to indicate that it’s made out of fine-knit wool, but cut like a long-sleeved shirt. A bit short in the arms, please, because I’m weasel-shaped.
6. And I’m adding this coze sweater because we just had a particularly cold and snowy winter, and my sweater situation was not up to snuff. I want these in Donegal wool, with little flecks of colour.
And while I’m here, I might as well add some other basics:
7. Fine knee-high wool socks. There are men’s formal socks that do the trick, but they cost a lot of money and only come in black and navy.
8. Basic briefs. Never quite as dead-on perfect as I want them to be, so on the list they go.
9. Pyjama pants, not stretchy and not flannel, but a crisp cotton.
8 responses to “Hchom Basics”
when i met rachel, she wore flipflops and pyjama pants at college.
her comfort level always amazed me, still does!
you know one of my customers sells t-shirts. he actually gave me a catalog if i wanted some stuff done. i’ll have to include that in the next moose express.
oh, when i got my job on the window i went on a, i want the most tricked out pants, quest. so i didn’t get EMT pants that have scissor holsters, but i did get danish military pants that are drawstring and have buttons for suspenders. and government socks are the most comfortable you’ll ever wear. when i get my allowance renewed, i’ll have to buy a few extra pair to share!
I still owe you a package back!
I think Rachel’s got the right idea – I need to take a page from her book.
Man, that dark green is my most coveted of colours.
I thought of you, when I put that in there!
Weasel-shaped, hee hee. Would you wear the Orange-red and Pink-red with the Dark Green? Wild and crazy!
Yes I would! Both at once, even. I’ve decided that I need to find ways to work red and green, without it turning all christmas elf. We’ll see how that goes.
More on the shirt lol add email@example.com
I have pretty similar style! For t shirts, I really like Everlane