I will just roll onward with this, minus any preamble about how I haven’t posted in foreverandever. So right now, fresh from my eternal loop of rotating teenage boy-or-girl phases, I am into witchy stuff, and I’m yearning to style myself towards some perplexing combination of that scary white-haired, bloody-egg-cracking, womb-clutching woman in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (fine, fine movie), and my personal eternal lifestyle icon, Aughra from The Dark Crystal. But slightly more mannish, altogether.
So, with that inspiration in mind, here is my Cribbers wish-list (part one, with any luck).
From left to right, top to bottom:
1. Tree sprigs and herbish bundles of no particular (apparent) use. Rowan of the Red Berry!
2. Vancouver store, Marché St. George, stocks a variety of rough-woven woolen things in the most appealing spectrum of many greys. I like best the ones that look like they might work as little rugs, maybe, or wall hangings? Wall hangings are pretty witchy, I think.
3. Smooth, black river stones.
4. My sister and I, some while back, were discussing the comparative secrets of certain shiny things. She wrote that one of the shinies had “I like a boy” secrets, while the other had “I know how to make a potion that will kill a man on a night with no moon” secrets. My sister is so smart, and also I want that potion.
5. Darkest autumn honeys – full of all the year’s secrets, speaking of which.
6. Hand made dark-glazed and raw-clay ceramics. Though really that’s just me trying to couch my mundane domestic whatnots within other, cooler themes.
7. Shinies, opaque with iron.
8. Newt friend.
Hchom posts, needless to say, are always easier intended than accomplished – particularly now that I’m working a full-time job. I’m thinking of starting a tumblr, because that seems like it might be an easier way to get content out, without feeling any pressure to arrange things just so. I’ll announce that here, when and if it happens.